ACAD (Asbestos Control and Abatement Division) was founded in 1994 by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) to meet the need for a trade association to improve the asbestos industry.
ACAD’s main aims and objectives are to:
- Improve overall Health & Safety standards within the industry
- Provide superior asbestos training to the industry
- Act positively to promote best working practices
- Provide accurate information to members and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with statutory bodies such as the HSE and the Environment Agency
ACAD benefits include:
- Discounted rates on ACAD training to HSE Standards throughout the UK in venues across the UK or in-house to meet your business needs.
- Specific training courses to meet individual needs including analyst and client organisations
- Employment and HR Support Helpline
- ACAD Auditing
- Trade Association logo & certificate recognised by the HSE and client organisations
- Expert assistance with licence renewal
- Associated links to the HSE & legislative bodies
- Regular e-newsletters containing important asbestos information and regulation updates
- Access to the Member’s Only section, online publications and a display on the interactive member location map
- Access to a range of support, campaigns and helplines via ACAD’s membership of Build UK
- ACADemy magazine with discounted advertising and a ‘Meet the Members’ section
- Networking and social events such as regional meetings and the ACAD annual members' golf day and dinner
- Access to expert industry advice from the ACAD Technical Committee.
Becoming an ACAD Member
To find our more about ACAD membership, please contact our Membership & Communications Administrator, Lynne Lambe on email@example.com or call 01325 734131.