ACAD (Asbestos Control and Abatement Division) was founded in 1994 by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) to meet the need for a trade association to improve the asbestos industry.
ACAD’s main aims and objectives are to:
- Improve overall Health & Safety standards within the industry
- Provide superior asbestos training to the industry
- Act positively to promote best working practices
- Provide accurate information to members and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with statutory bodies such as the HSE and the Environment Agency
ACAD benefits include:
- Discounted rates on ACAD training to HSE Standards throughout the UK in venues across the UK or in-house to meet your business needs.
- Specific training courses to meet individual needs including analyst and client organisations
- Employment and HR Support Helpline
- ACAD Auditing
- ACAD members enjoy 10% discount from Assure360 our preferred competency scheme partner
- Trade Association logo & certificate recognised by the HSE and client organisations
- Expert assistance with licence renewal
- Associated links to the HSE and legislative bodies
- Regular e-newsletters containing important asbestos information and regulation updates
- Access to the Member’s Only section, online publications and a display on the interactive member location map
- Access to a range of support, campaigns and helplines via ACAD’s membership of Build UK
- ACADemy magazine with discounted advertising and a ‘Meet the Members’ section
- Networking and social events such as regional meetings and the ACAD annual members’ golf day and dinner
- Access to expert industry advice from the ACAD Technical Committee.
Becoming an ACAD Member
To find our more about ACAD membership, please contact our Membership and Communications Administrator, Lynne Lambe on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01325 734131.